ÉireComposites’ research on renewable energy has resulted in a number of publications including the following:
- Fagan, E., Goggins, J., Flanagan, M., Flanagan, T., Doyle, A., and Leen, S. “Physical Experimental Static Testing and Structural Design Optimisation for a Composite Wind Turbine Blade” Composite Structures, Volume 164, Pages 90–103, 15 March 2017
- Flanagan, T, Maguire, J, Ó Brádaigh, CM, Mayorga, P. and Doyle, A., “Smart Affordable Composite Blades for Tidal Energy”, European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC 2015), Nantes, France, September 2015
- Ó Brádaigh, CM, Doyle, A., Doyle, D. and Feerick. P.J., “One-Shot Wind Turbine Blade Manufacturing using Powder-Epoxy and Electrically-Heated Ceramic Composite Tooling”, 7th International CFK-Valley Stade Convention, Germany, June 2013.
- Feerick. P.J., “The Manufacture of Turbine Blades using High Temperature Tooling and VOC–Free Polymer Composites”, Wind Turbine Blade Manufacture 2010”, Düsseldorf, Germany, December 2010.
- Ó Brádaigh, C.M. “Manufacture of Composite Wind Turbine Blades using High Temperature Integrally-Heated Composite Tooling”, Composites Innovation 2012, National Composites Centre, Bristol, UK, July 2012.
- M.Flanagan, F.Doyle, J.Goggins, E.Fagan, A. Doyle, T.Flanagan, P.J Ferrick, S.Leen. “Large Scale Structural Testing of Wind Turbine Blades Manufactured Using a One-Shot Out-of-Autoclave Process” In CERI Conference.2016.
- D.Grogan, M.Flanagan, J.Goggins, C.Kennedy, A.Doyle, M.Walls, S.Leen. “Characterisation and water ageing of composite materials for tidal turbine blades” In CERI Conference. 2016.
ÉireComposites has also registered a patent for its blade manufacturing technology:
EP 2344312 B “A Heated Mould for Moulding Polymeric Composites”. The Mould allows Out-Of-Autoclave processing of epoxy powder and is suitable for manufacturing products such as wind and tidal blades and other large composite structures.